Family Shabbat Services
- Family Shabbat Services are the most core component of our School of Jewish Studies (SJS) Jewish educational experience.
- Family Shabbat Services, formerly called Shabbat Family Programming, are an incredibly educational and meaningful vehicle in helping us connect our synagogue families to one another with Jewish life and learning at its center. For this reason, attendance for our Kindergarten through 7th grades is a mandatory component of SJS and strongly recommended for those families who have students in Jewish Day Schools.
- Please save the following remaining Family Shabbat Service dates on your calendars for 2022-2023: December 10, January 28, February 25, April 8 & May 6.
- Mr. Charlie Sherman and Mr. E. Marc Nevins co-lead a family-friendly, spirited prayer service beginning at 10:15 a.m. Rabbi Newman Kamin delivers a D’var Torah. There are opportunities for pre-B’nai Mitzvah students to join Cantor Simon to help lead prayers from the bimah in the main Sanctuary.
- Torah Chanting is one of the core components of Family Shabbat Services. We have dozens of students and their family members who have chanted verses of Torah at Family Shabbat Services and on Torah-based Jewish holidays over the years.
- From a pedagogic standpoint, Family Shabbat Services follows the Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur Family Service model, including English Readings, Torah Honors and Ark Openings.
- Family Shabbat Services will take place in the Social Hall from 10:15 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. followed by a Kiddush Lunch.
- We cannot wait to celebrate Shabbat with you throughout the year as a congregational community.
Todah Rabbah (Thank you),
Mr. Charlie Sherman, MAEd, CJE
Head of School
Family & Youth Calendar
- Please click here to access the SJS & Youth Programming Calendar 2022-2023.
Updated 11-16-2022, 23 Cheshvan 5783