Shabbat & Holidays
Shabbat Morning Services in-person
9:30 a.m. until approximately 12 noon, Led by Rabbi Newman Kamin, Cantor Stuart Simon and Cantor Dara Rosenblatt
- Rabbi Newman Kamin presents an insightful d’var Torah on the weekly reading and then engages the congregation in a lively interactive discussion.
- Cantor Simon, a truly gifted vocalist and musician, has been leading prayers for more than forty years. He is an exciting and compelling presence on the bimah. Cantor Simon will retire on June 30, 2024
- Cantor Rosenblatt will succeed Cantor Simon as our Cantor on July 1, 2024. For the interim year, both Cantors will share the bimah equally.
- Fully egalitarian.
- Triennial Torah reading.
- Features musical accompaniment.
- Light kiddush lunch follows services.
Am Yisrael has always recognized that music is a most important component of worship. Music can stir the soul, intensify emotions and revivify centuries old prayers. Shabbat services resound with Cantor Simon and Cantor Rosenblatt on guitar, often accompanied by a percussionist and other musicians. Our High Holy Day services are enhanced by a professional choir, keyboard, guitar and other instruments.
Friday Night Shabbat Services in-person
6:00 p.m. until approximately 6:50 pm, led by Rabbi Newman Kamin, Cantor Simon and Cantor Rosenblatt
- Features guitar, percussion and other instruments.
- Designed to allow congregants the opportunity to daven, then enjoy a leisurely dinner, welcoming Shabbat with family and friends.
- Held outdoors in our tent during summer months, as weather permits.
Upcoming Services and Programs
The eight days of Chanukah 5784 begin with the lighting of the first candle on Thursday evening, Dec. 7. Chanukah, the Festival of Lights is [...]
- Sundays, 9:30 a.m.
- Mondays through Thursdays, 1:00 p.m. currently on hiatus due to the pandemic
- Legal holidays minyanim are held at 9:30 a.m. (New Year’s day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas day)
We welcome everyone in the community to attend our services. Am Yisrael is an egalitarian congregation. All Jews over the age of thirteen are counted in the minyan, men and women alike.
Am Yisrael follows the modern Israeli calendar (except for Rosh Hashanah).
- Selichot (usually sunrise services at the beach)
- Rosh Hashanah (two days)
- Yom Kippur
- Sukkot (first day)
- Shemini Atzeret/Simchat Torah (combined)
- Passover (first and seventh days)
- Yom HaShoah (Holocaust Memorial Day)
- Shavuot (first day)
- Tisha B’Av
For details on holiday services please consult the weekly e-mail, website or call the office at 847-446-7215.