Shabbat & Holidays
Shabbat Morning Services in-person
9:30 a.m. until approximately 12 noon, Led by Rabbi Newman Kamin and Cantor Stuart Simon
- Rabbi Newman Kamin presents an insightful d’var Torah on the weekly reading and then engages the congregation in a lively interactive discussion.
- Cantor Simon, a truly gifted vocalist and musician, has been leading prayers for more than forty years. He is an exciting and compelling presence on the bimah.
- Fully egalitarian.
- Triennial Torah reading.
- Features musical accompaniment.
- Light kiddush lunch follows services.
Am Yisrael has always recognized that music is a most important component of worship. Music can stir the soul, intensify emotions and revivify centuries old prayers. Shabbat services resound with Cantor Simon on guitar, often accompanied by a percussionist and other musicians. Our High Holy Day services are enhanced by a professional choir, keyboard, guitar, English horn and other instruments.
Friday Night Shabbat Services in-person
6:00 p.m. until approximately 6:50 pm, led by Rabbi Newman Kamin and Cantor Simon
- Features guitar, percussion and other instruments.
- Designed to allow congregants the opportunity to daven, then enjoy a leisurely dinner, welcoming Shabbat with family and friends.
- Held outdoors in our tent during summer months, as weather permits.
Upcoming Services and Programs
February 25 April 8 May 6 Mr. Charlie Sherman and Mr. E. Marc Nevins co-lead a family-friendly, spirited prayer service beginning at 10:15 a.m. Rabbi [...]
In person...Come in costume! Family Friendly! The time honored magic stoplight will make its annual appearance! Fun for everyone!
Join us for Friday night services as Cantor Simon features our favorite Beatles melodies. Hey Jews, let's come together, because all you need is love...and [...]
Read Torah, lead prayers, and participate in all aspects of the Shabbat service. If you would like to participate in Women's Shabbat, please email Lois [...]
- Sundays, 9:30 a.m.
- Mondays through Thursdays, 1:00 p.m. currently on hiatus due to the pandemic
- Legal holidays minyanim are held at 9:30 a.m. (New Year’s day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas day)
We welcome everyone in the community to attend our services. Am Yisrael is an egalitarian congregation. All Jews over the age of thirteen are counted in the minyan, men and women alike.
Am Yisrael follows the modern Israeli calendar (except for Rosh Hashanah).
- Selichot (usually sunrise services at the beach)
- Rosh Hashanah (two days)
- Yom Kippur
- Sukkot (first day)
- Shemini Atzeret/Simchat Torah (combined)
- Passover (first and seventh days)
- Yom HaShoah (Holocaust Memorial Day)
- Shavuot (first day)
- Tisha B’Av
For details on holiday services please consult the weekly e-mail, website or call the office at 847-446-7215.